Research Associate Cell Biology
1+ year contract (extendable)Summary:
We seek a highly motivated individual to work within a multi-disciplinary drug discovery effort aimed at targeting drug-resistant cancers. This Research Associate will be mentored by senior scientists and will work as part of a highly integrated team to design and execute experiments involving several different molecular, cellular and small molecule-based techniques. This position provides a rich environment to expand skills in cancer-therapeutics development, cell biology, functional genetics and small molecule assays. It also affords extensive opportunity for demonstrating leadership, contributing to company culture and participating in the start-up experienceResponsibilities:
- Routine execution of weekly cell-based assays to support medicinal chemistry efforts and build structure activity relationships.
- Develop new cellular assays both independently and in collaboration with senior scientists
- Order and maintain necessary reagents, solutions and supplies
- Contribute to conception, planning and execution of larger experiments as part of a team
- Analyze and QC data and upload into company data base.
- Maintain high quality notebooks documenting experimental procedures and results
- Attend team meetings and present results
You should know:
- BS/MS degree in biology, biochemistry or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years of research lab experience in mammalian cell culture methods and plate-based assays
- Excellent aseptic techniques and experience in transfection and transduction techniques, as well as stable cell line generation
- Understanding and ability to execute protocols for protein chemistry and target validation, such as SDS-PAGE, ELISA, and western blots
- Experience independently executing experiments and analyzing data
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a member of a team
- Experience running biochemical assays with multiple detection technologies is a plus
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.