West Virginia University's Potomac State College campus, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area: Tenure-track Instructor or Assistant Professor in Geology/Biology. This position is full-time, nine months with full benefits, with a starting date of August 12, 2022. Duties: Teaching responsibilities include Geology, General Biology Laboratory and Geography courses. Faculty are required to engage in service, and professional growth and development activities
- Instructor: A minimum of a master's degree in geology, biology or geography from a regionally accredited college or university is required by time of appointment.
- Assistant Professor: A minimum of a Ph.D. in geology, biology or geography from a regionally accredited college or university or Ed.D. and master's degree in geology, biology or geography is required by time of appointment.
- Excellence in previous college teaching experience is valued.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- An understanding and commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- A basic understanding of student learning outcomes, course and program assessments;
- An understanding and commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Letter of interest.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial college transcript(s).
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Background check required for selected candidate.
Priority will be given to applications received by November 19, 2021. Deadline for applications is November 26, 2021.
Faculty Opportunities: Faculty will have an opportunity to participate in the cultural and intellectual life of West Virginia University and to benefit from professional development opportunities made available generally to university faculty while pursuing a commitment to undergraduate teaching and service at a small college with proven enrollment growth potential that offers a distinctive identity and academic culture.
Potomac State College is part of the West Virginia University system of campuses. At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at http://hr.wvu.edu.