Environmental Manager Location: Seattle, WA* Schedule: M-F Pay Rate: $110,000-$120,000 yearly (depends on experience)
Kelly has an exciting leadership opportunity in environmental science! We have an Environmental Manager role open for a large company specializing in seafood who believes that their employees are the foremost reason for their success, allowing them to be the leader in the Seafood industry. Come work for this dynamic company and help monitor and protect the environment.Description:
The ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER is responsible for providing direction and leadership to a team of 2-5 Environmental Compliance Specialists. They will develop, implement, and oversee environmental policies, programs, and trainings at processing facilities in the United States. The department s programs are intended to ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local environmental laws, and regulations, as well as corporate environmental policies. These programs include but are not limited to industrial wastewater discharges, storm water pollution prevention, drinking water safety, ocean dumping, air quality, oil handling, spill prevention, and handling or shipment of hazardous wastes and materials. This position includes travel to facilities in North America including remote areas of Alaska. Responsibilities:
- Program Management Leads the implementation and maintenance the Environmental Management System, fosters a culture of environmental compliance and responsibility.
- Leads efforts to increase Environmental presence and importance across all parts of the organization.
- Ensures management and employees are knowledgeable on what constitutes a culture of environmental compliance and how to utilize such knowledge and skills to access root causes of incidents and how to identify and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Collaborates across the organization in the development, tracking, and communication of key performance indicators for evaluating environmental performance.
- Lead the preparation of ongoing management reports to measure and track performance trending.
- Guides and assists environmental department personnel with critical environmental and regulatory problem evaluation and action planning.
- Supervises team of Environmental Compliance Specialists. Effectively plans and assigns tasks, manages time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by overseeing facilities required environmental permit administration, monitoring, reporting, and recordkeeping, and other compliance-related activities.
- Responsible for tracking developments in federal, state, and other environmental regulations likely to affect the company. Interprets laws and regulations impacting the business and offers suggestions to functional managers to ensure compliance.
- Reviews and supports the preparation of environmental permit applications and regulatory reports that are required by the various regulatory programs.
- Protects the Company s assets, public health, and natural resources through responsible environmental practices.
- Reviews and supports the conduct of periodic reviews or audits of environmental program data, trends, and processes.
- Communicates and facilitates the resolution of potential areas of non-compliance, necessary corrective actions, risks, and opportunities for continuous improvement collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads and conducts final review of reports and communications to regulators. Represents company in negotiations with regulators.
- Leads successful cross-business partnership
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience, OR Associate Degree and 4-6 years of experience, OR an equivalent of other relative experience and education
- Leadership experience working with moderately complex environmental issues and problems
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations including but not limited to Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, and SPCC
- Can execute actionable work plans that drive compliance outcomes
- Strong communication, collaboration, influential, interpersonal skills with all levels of management
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.