Health, Safety and Environment Manager - TurbochargingTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be heading a team of Health, Safety and Environment Specialists, assisting managers and employees to deliver a high performing culture through clear line management accountability and a competent organization in the Turbocharging Service, Process Automation Turbocharging.(PATU). You will push improvements in health, safety and environment (HSE) performance to ensure a high performing health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment.Reporting to the Hub Division Manager PATU North America, you will establish and maintain a Health, Safety and Environmental Culture within the Hub, by assuring and controlling HSE with systems, tools and teams to ensure safe working environment while ensuring sustainable operations. In charge of developing & maintaining the HSE Management System of the Hub. All aspects managed in line with ABB/Division guidance. Actively involved in Division guidance development.**** This job is located in Miramar, FL ****
- Metrics: Ensures complaint HSSE(Health, Safety, Security and Environment) Incident Management within the HUB. Feed back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across HUB/Division to management and employees. Reports on HSE performance and progress on implementation of Division HSE/Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs), as required
- Regulatory and other compliance: Implements policies and standards. Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to Division program for audit. Assists line managers, supervisors and other HSE within the HUB in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group/Division policy, instructions and standards. Supports compliance with human rights, security and crisis management processes. Performs audits and ensures the use of analytics of HSE data from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and non conformances within the HUB. Ensures that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken, and solutions are managed to closure. Coordinate and make overall plan for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Certification / compliance process within the HUB in accordance with HUB and Division guidance
- Risk management: Facilitates overall process for HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, that is those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all risk and opportunities management processes are implemented across the HUB. Overlooking the general Risk Management governance for the HUB
- Continuous improvement: Drives behavioral change through implementing Division/HUB performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
- Operational support and Project Management: Overlooks overall availability of the right HSE equipment and tools and Identifies, plans and initiates training need, example for employees, site managers, contractors, site managers, and facilitates delivery of support from the Division.
- Consults on Service Station relocation, refurbishment and new build projects within the HUB by discussion of future workshop layouts regarding compliance with audit requirements (technical, operational, quality and HSE) aiming at building audit compliance into the setup. Contributes to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or)Safety (and/or) Environment Plans for running projects. Supports managing project resources such as manpower, financials and other factors relevant to HSE.
- Bachelor' s Degree, preferably in Occupational health, Safety management, Environmental science, and minimum 10 years of experience in operational safety, compliance, and environmental programs. Master's Degree, preferably in the Safety field, credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- Open to travel about 25%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Qualifications: Able to work in an ISO9001:2015 environment, OSHA 10/30 hour outreach trainer certification is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus, leadership experience and Computer knowledge is expected.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfhttp://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.