Laboratory Technician (Microbiology)
Temp to Hire
- Utilize aseptic technique during sample preparation and microbiological/chemical analyses
- Prepare test solution and reagents
- Proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological cultures
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms according to standard operating procedures
- Detection of pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and Protein-based methods
- Preparation and sterilization of culture media
- Extraction of desired components from samples using standard chemical procedures such as distillation, solvent extraction and acid digestion
- Analysis of chemical composition using standard laboratory equipment
- Maintenance and verification of general laboratory equipment
- Documenting and recording accurate data using Laboratory Information Management System LIMS Managing time and tasks efficiently while maintaining excellent quality of work
Qualifications 4 year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science, biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory experience You should know:
Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.