$70k - 95k per yearReference:
A Environmental Health and Safety Associate is needed for one of the world's largest suppliers of aerospace and defense products in the Riverside, CA area. We are looking for an established Senior Associate, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) to act as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management. You may have responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
location: Riverside, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- May perform tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance.
- Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
- May have responsibility for facilities and / or medical at a site.
- Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
- Administers EH&S plans and procedures across multiple EH&S specialties, including Health/Safety and Environmental/Compliance.
- Analyzes facility and employee practice issues for opportunities to apply EH&S procedures to solve problems or improve EH&S policy effectiveness.
- Executes procedures, reporting, and trainings across multiple EH&S disciplines.
- Reviews performance against EH&S regulatory requirements and identifies non-conformance.
- Explains and interprets EH&S regulations and employee practices to business facilities to achieve and maintain understanding.
- Conducts required environmental regulatory reports and submissions.
- Develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
- Experience working in a Title V environment
- Experience working in a union environment
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.