Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is seeking a Training Subject Matter Expert at Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center San Diego, CA.
* DEVELOPS, ORGANIZES, AND CONDUCTS ANTI-SUBMARINE WARFARE TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS FOR FLEET SAILORS ASSIGNED TO U.S. NAVY SURFACE COMBATANTS: MUST BE A CAPABLE OF CONDUCTING CONVENTIONAL CLASSROOM PODIUM TEACHING AS WELL AS LEADING GUIDED DISCUSSION WITH PROSPECTIVE COMMANDING OFFICERS AND SENIOR SEA COMBAT COMMANDER STAFF PERSONNEL.
* THIS POSITION REQUIRES ASW SME WITH COMMAND LEVEL ASW EXPERIENCE IN TACTICS, TECHNIQUES, AND PROCEDURES INCLUDING BATTLE GROUP OPERATIONS.
* DEVELOPS, ORGANIZES, AND CONDUCTS TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS FOR CO/XO/CSO/DESRON STAFF LEVEL IN THE TACTICAL EMPLOYMENT AT THE UNIT AND GROUP LEVEL.
* MUST POSSESS KNOWLEDGE IN ALL FACETS OF ASW TO INCLUDE AEGIS PLATFORMS WITH SQQ-89, ROTARY AND FIXED WINGS ASW ASSETS, AND U.S. SUBSURFACE CAPABILITIES.
* PERFORMS EXPERT-LEVEL DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY OF HIGHLY COMPLEX TRAINING PROGRAMS AND RELATED MATERIALS IN SUPPORT OF SENIOR LEVEL ASW TRAINING OBJECTIVES.
* ESTABLISHES AND REVIEWS COURSE CONTENT AND OBJECTIVES.
* ASW C2 AND TTP EXPERTISE.
* CONDUCTS TRAINING SESSIONS AND DEVELOPS CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TRAINING ACTIVITIES.
* MAINTAINS RECORDS OF TRAINING ACTIVITIES; PARTICIPANT PROGRESS; AND PROGRAM EFFECTIVENESS.
* UPDATES ASW COURSE DOCUMENTATION ON A REGULAR BASIS TO ENSURE TIMELINESS AND RELEVANCE.
* PROVIDES WORK LEADERSHIP TO LOWER LEVEL EMPLOYEES; INCLUDING EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THEIR TRAINING PRESENTATIONS AND PROGRAMS; AND MAY HAVE SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES.
* MAY SERVE AS TECHNICAL TEAM OR TASK LEAD.
* CONDUCTS RESEARCH INTO NEW TRAINING; EDUCATIONAL; AND MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES.
* MAINTAINS CURRENT KNOWLEDGE OF RELEVANT TECHNOLOGIES AS ASSIGNED.
* PARTICIPATES IN SPECIAL PROJECTS AS REQUIRED.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
* Fifteen+ (15+) years Experience with the Aegis Weapon System, SQQ-89, SQQ-90, or applicable weapon and sensor system as either an engineer, system technician and tactician, or operator and tactician.
* Of the fifteen years, two (2) years of experience as an instructor/trainer/evaluator in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
* Experience developing official tactical documents for either the Aegis Weapon System, SQQ-89, SQQ-90, or applicable weapon and sensor system.
* Experience as a Trainer in support of SWOS, SMWDC and/or CSCS is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be required up to 10% of time.
* U.S. Citizenship is required - Position Requires TOP SECRET Clearance
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.