Diverse teams make better products. Let's change the face of technology together!
Let's be honest, this is what you really came to see…
OVERSOUL IS SEEKING A CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER WHO'S READY TO HELP CREATE AND LEAD A GLOBAL MOVEMENT THAT ALCHEMIZES LIFE FROM DEATH
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oversoul is public benefit corporation that is creating the cemetery of the future by reimagining graves as trees and graveyards as forests. By "planting" our deceased, we can reforest the earth and help reverse climate change, all while gifting a deeper purpose to death. We transform deforested lands into vibrant, eternally conserved, green burial sanctuaries through a unique process that facilitates the literal transference of nutrients from a deceased human into the burgeoning root system of a young sapling. This innovative yet fundamentally ancient solution sequesters 7.6x more CO2 than a cremation emits. But more than anything, Oversoul is an ethos-driven company whose deeper aim is to assist individuals in cultivating a healthier relationship with their own mortality.
As Tagore so elegantly stated, "the one who plants trees, knowing that (s)he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life".
We've raised $1.5M from an incredibly diverse and inspiring group of investors who are committed to helping us scale this movement globally.
Our offices are located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
As a tech entrepreneur turned real estate developer, Matthew Kochmann's career has consistently been dedicated to improving the way humans interact with their physical environment.
Whether that be as employee #7 at Uber, leading their NYC launch and designing their city-by-city growth playbook, or as Founder & CEO of Buster, a digital marketplace for group transportation, or as Special Situations Director on the ~$4B Potrero Power Station master development, Matthew has proven to be obsessed with how the living navigate and utilize the world around them. Now he turns his attention to how humans interact with their physical environment after they die, and what actions they can take today to make it as meaningful and environmentally impactful as possible. Matthew is a lover of meditation, jam bands, Burning Man, West Wing, Ram Dass, and the New York Mets. He has an Australian Shepherd named Jackson who comes to the office with him almost every day.
If you've ever dreamed of being an original C-suite executive hire at a venture-backed startup poised for massive growth, here's your opportunity. As one of the earliest and most senior members of the Oversoul team, you'll play a critical role in driving growth and positioning the organization for long-term success. You will be responsible for removing any logistical, operational, or financial hurdles that may arise on the path towards a Q1 2022 launch, and expansion thereafter.
It is not at all important for you to be an end-of-life industry expert. If you're the type of person we're looking for, you'll pick all that up very quickly. What is important is that you be masterful at creating order out of chaos. What is important is that you resonate deeply with Oversoul's mission of reforesting the planet by healing society's fear of death. What is important is that in the pursuit of that mission there is no problem too big or task too small. This is an exciting leadership opportunity. Come be a part of a world-class team tackling a worldwide problem. There's a lot of hard work ahead, but you'll be in good company.
• Play an integral role in Oversoul's launch and long-term growth
• Coordinate with CEO on setting and driving organizational vision and strategy
• Bring a deeply analytical and hyper-organized perspective to the corporate roadmap
• Craft and manage KPIs that drive the business forward and maximize shareholder value
• Create and administer organizational framework for efficient internal operations
• Collaborate with CEO on strategic capital investment and board management
• Maintain a discerning eye on corporate financials relative to growth and profitability
• Drive clarity in ambiguous situations to accelerate our growth
• Extensive track-record launching and/or growing consumer-facing businesses
• Experience successfully raising venture capital and/or debt
• Strong analytical instincts that clearly inform your decision-making process
• Robust finance skills and love for a good Pro Forma
• Ability to whip up a great presentation very quickly
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and even greater listening skills
• Willingness to comfort people in distress, whether clients or team members
• Ability to manage one's own emotions and demonstrate self-control under pressure
• Profound curiosity about the meaning of life & death
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SIGNIFICANT EMPLOYEE STOCK OPTION GRANT
ANNUAL SALARY OF $130,000-$160,000 FLEXIBLE
PTO ACCESS TO MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
FAIR HIRING PRACTICES
HOW TO APPLY
At Oversoul, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. Our goal as an employer is to employ a diverse, inclusive workforce that is representative of all people we do or might serve. As such, we do not discriminate on any protected status, and moreover, we celebrate applications from persons of color, persons of all genders and gender expressions, persons of any sexual orientation, the formerly incarcerated, and persons of any other protected class, such as religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy status, or genetic status. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com