US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: SCI
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Identifies hazardous workplace conditions and takes preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances, works with management/supervision to removes hazards and/or protects employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
* Conducts Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance assessments and rule interpretation to assure compliance, and takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state environmental and occupational safety and health standards and regulations provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required documentation is records are prepared and maintained.
* Facilitates development of EHS programs, policies, work procedures and training.
* Participates in regulatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
* Support the recycling / diversion strategy for the campus in collaboration with the Facilities team
* Conduct solid waste audits and implement solid waste diversion projects
* Compile and analyze solid waste data for the campus and resolve any missing data and anomalies
* Supporting clear communication about the environmental sustainability program across all functions
* A Bachelors in Science with 5 Years of related experience; OR a Masters with 3 Years of related experience; or a PhD with 0 Years of experience.
* Experience with contractor safety, hazard assessments, and/or site inspections
* Experience implementing environmental regulations and/or sustainability projects
* Some experience with conducting data collection and/or analysis
* Knowledge and experience in administering EHS programs of multiple areas including ergonomics, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, industrial hygiene assessments, fall protection, crane/aerial/forklift operations, contractor management, chemical management, hazcom, hazardous waste, wastewater, and auditing.
* Familiarity with Cal/OSHA and Cal/EPA regulations
* Good chemistry skills/background
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Microsoft Office and database skills
Salary Range: $83,600.00 - $125,400.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO [http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO]. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.