Kelly Services is currently seeking an Associate Scientist for a 6 month temp to permanent role in Mountain View, CA.
The Contract, Biology is responsible for performing scientific experiments that contribute to Research and Drug discovery activities. This position assists in the conduct of early stage research, the goal of which is the identification of New Chemical Entities NCEs , as well as the advancement of research programs from the identification of screening hits to advanced lead optimization. The incumbent is also responsible for communicating experimental results to his/her supervisor and the project team. The Contract, Biology supports adherence to all regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures SOPs including as appropriate. Primary duties/responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, executes experiments and communicates results as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Applies relevant scientific principles and techniques to research problems.
- Maintains detailed laboratory notebooks.
- Abides by all safety requirements.
- Ability to trouble shoot experiments
- Contributes to general laboratory needs/operation.
- Specific duties may also include, but may not be limited to, the following: Prepare and maintain primary and established cell culture systems including cell passaging and expansion, cryopreservation, and sterile preparation of maintenance media.
- Provides support for high throughput screening including the design of primary assays, the goal of which is the identification of additional hits and new chemical scaffolds.
- Provides support for lead optimization by screening compounds and/or supporting structure activity relationship SAR studies involving the characterization of the biological activity of compounds in various assays.
- Profiles selected compounds in additional cells/assays.
Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience.
- Tissue culture experience and exceptional sterile technique required.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office- preferably MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work collaboratively under direct supervision, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
APPLY NOW! For immediate consideration, please send your resume in a WORD document to email@example.com
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline with 1- 3 years of research experience.
- Special knowledge or skills and/or licenses or certificates preferred.
- Immunoassay experience, including experience with immunocytochemistry.
- Experience with assays for protein detection using different platforms fluorescence microscopy, luminescence, ELISAs, Western blot, MSD etc.
- Experience with mRNA expression profiling.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.