Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Cell and Molecular Biologist (Neuroscience Research) at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Conduct research consistent with goals of the Molecular Neurobiology Section of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) which include cell and tissue culture using sterile techniques, plasmid DNA cloning, quantitative PCR, RNA isolation, Western blotting, and immunohistochemistry
(2) Analyze gene expression using a variety of cellular and molecular methodologies and assays including plasmid DNA cloning, ultracentrifugation, DNA/RNA isolation, quantitative PCR (qPCR), RNA sequencing library construction, histology, immunohistochemistry, and RNA FISH
(3) Perform genomic DNA preparation, genotyping and other analyses of animal tissues using DNA extraction and PCR
(4) Provide general lab maintenance of lab equipment and reagents, operate and routinely maintain specialized laboratory equipment, maintain a clean and organized laboratory working environment, and procure laboratory supplies, reagents, and equipment
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Bachelor's degree in Biology or related discipline
(2) Experience in a combination of two or more of the following: tissue culture, plasmid DNA cloning, quantitative PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, and/or immunohistochemistry
(3) Knowledge of general lab management including proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.
You should know: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.