The complex ecosystem of bacteria that comprise our gut microbiome are inextricably linked to the quality of human health. We are a start-up company poised to leverage the power of active microbial communities to address high unmet medical needs.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Associate
to play a key role in our team that is advancing rapid and thoughtful progression of our discovery portfolio.
Core responsibilities and opportunities are:
- Participate in creating a microbial strain library by isolating human microbiota commensals.
- Perform molecular and biochemical assays as well as microbial growth assays
- Perform small-scale microbial fermentation experiments
- Assess microbial viability and enumerate microbes grown in single cultures as well as from complex samples
- Prepare microbial culture media and frozen microbial stocks
Desired Skills and requirements:
- Experience working with anaerobic microbes and anaerobic gas chamber
- Previous experience of performing high-throughput microbial growth assays
- Experience preparing microbial strain banks is a plus
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and approaches, including DNA extraction and quantification, PCR/qPCR and primer design.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.