Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Nature Based Solutions Director will develop and own the execution of Cargill's strategic approach to driving nature-based solutions and sustainable agriculture by ending deforestation in Cargill's supply chains and developing strategies and action plans to protect and restore high conservation value ecosystems. In this role, you will direct the delivery of the company's sustainability commitments within the supply chains, provide thought leadership internally and externally in your area of expertise, and engage customers, NGOs and other stakeholders around nature-based solutions and agriculture.
* Lead the development of sustainability strategy and tactics for the assigned enterprises or corporate topic area, integrating and synchronizing across the groups, businesses and major supply chains and develop the budget and other resource recommendations necessary to accomplish strategic goals.
* Engage with targeted customers to discuss related sustainability principles, strategic alignment and overall theories of change on behalf of the enterprise to achieve consensus and overcome barriers, contributing to retention and growth of our market share with customers.
* Drive corporate nongovernmental organization engagement plans and focus areas ensuing alignment with the business or corporate sustainability approach and challenges.
* Identify and connect corporate, business and supply chain opportunities to commercialize sustainability.
* Partner with marketing and communications to position initiatives and offerings and support related business and functional teams in internal and external engagements with financial organizations to raise awareness of our programs and industry trends and solicit partnerships on green finance.
* Represent the company at targeted external forums, webinars and seminars where the focus is on corporate or cross supply chain messaging and relevant and pivotal to building brand trust and visibility.
* Lead the engagement of leadership to integrate sustainability and the establishment and integration of sustainability key performance indicators for commercial managers, sustainability teams and businesses and develop and coordinate input to align them to reporting needs.
* Other duties as assigned
* Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience representing an organization for large events and media engagements
• Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
• Education and/or Expertise in the area of ecology, ecosystems management, and/or forestry
• Experience engaging with NGOs on sustainability issues
• Experience working across multiple supply chains and serving global consumer package goods clients
• Proven ability to link and build sustainability impacts and commercial relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.