Research Associate, Molecular Biology
Kelly is seeking a talented and passionate Research Associate (RA) to join a growing R&D team. As a part of a molecular biology team, the RA will play an important role in the development and execution of novel molecular biology workflows for gene synthesis.
- DNA handling, quantification, and purification.
- Troubleshooting endpoint and qPCR-based assays
- Carry out experiments and gather data in a systematic manner with good laboratory practices.
- Independently execute and troubleshoot molecular biology projects to support the gene synthesis team.
- Prepare and clearly communicate experimental methodology and data summaries.
- Propose and implement optimization and improvements for workflows.
- Develop analytical methods for QC of molecular biology protocol steps.
- Support writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical product documentation.
- Bachelors with 2+ year of laboratory experience or Masters, in biology related field
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR and gel electrophoresis
- Experience in design of experiments (DOE) and strong statistical data analysis
- Experience with NGS workflows and library preparation preferred
- Experience with liquid handling systems preferred
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.