Job DescriptionResearch Associate Cell Biology
The Research Associate for Tectonic will be a highly collaborative team player who has experience in in-vitro cell-based functional studies and potency assays for studying biological drug products. Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture are required with expertise in cell and molecular biology techniques preferred. The successful candidate will contribute to our core research capabilities and the development of our anti-GPCR antibody discovery platform. The candidate would support assay development and conduct established assays. This position represents a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to join an innovative start-up at the heart of the Boston biotech ecosystem and to contribute to its long-term success.
About Tectonic Therapeutic:
Tectonic is a privately held biotechnology company that aims to transform the discovery of novel GPCR-targeted drugs and unlock the therapeutic utility, the most challenging receptors in the class. Tectonics founders are at the forefront of scientific research in biochemistry and molecular pharmacology. Their extensive track record of achievements includes major contributions to the development of multiple approved therapies for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune diseases and beyond.
- Perform transfections in mammalian cells and generate stable cell lines
- Characterize and validate expression of genes/proteins by FACS, western blot and qPCR techniques
- Develop/ establish functional cell based GPCR signaling assays and facilitate screening of novel therapeutics targeting membrane proteins
- Perform screening assays in medium and low throughput- 96/ 384 Plate format. Primarily HTRF, luminescence and fluorescence-based assays
- Analyze, interpret, and present data in lab meetings
- Maintain a detailed and accurate lab notebook
YourMembership. Keywords: Research Associate, Location: Watertown, MA - 02472