The job holder provides routine QC Microbiology laboratory, with the purpose of meeting daily routine requirements as well as achieving goals established by the manager.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $40.95 - 55.28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Completes daily assigned routine tasks timely and accurately (may include testing of GMP samples, Clean Utility sampling, Environmental Monitoring, reporting of data, assisting other Microbiologists, general lab housekeeping, paperwork completion, data entry, filing, etc.)
- Serves on team projects (i.e investigations, new equipment) in the role of testing support and initiation of investigation
- Responsible for completing laboratory housekeeping to ensure safety and compliance
- Identifies areas for improvement or gaps in both safety and compliance (ZAPs/ZIPs)
- Effectively communicates issues/hurdles to supervisor and/or manager
- Supports company site initiatives and departmental goals
- Requires holiday and weekend work
- Requires BA/BS in Science field - Biology or Microbiology
- Should have basic understanding of microbiology principles that can be applied on the job
- 3+ years industrial experience in biopharmaceutical industry, such as Microbiology, Biology, or related field experience
- This position may require knowledge of microbial assays (bioburden, TOC, Conductivity, Environmental monitoring, endotoxin).
- Ability to lift 20lbs and climb ladders in utility spaces on daily basis.
skills: Biology, Microbiology, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.