WSP USAs Climate Resilience and Sustainability practice has an immediate opening for a Project Director to support the companys growing Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change offering. See wsp.com/advancingsustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
The individual will lead client-facing teams in the design, implementation, and management of organizational sustainability and resilience programs with Fortune 500 clients. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to produce high-quality work products. This position will operate on Pacific Standard Time and could work out of WSP's offices in Portland, OR; San Diego or San Francisco, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL, New York, NY; Bethlehem, PA, or Seattle, WA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing executive-level client relationships and directing complex client delivery teams of internal and external stakeholders
* Setting strategic priorities and developing implementation roadmaps for high-profile sustainability initiatives
* Building and maintaining inter-organizational relationships to improve sustainability and business outcomes
* Developing and maintaining data management systems and business intelligence tools
* Developing presentations, reports and other deliverables for Fortune 500 executive leadership audiences
* Designing sustainability performance targets including science-based GHG targets and context-based water targets
* Aligning leading sustainability programs and change management strategies with client operations
* Leading business development activities with existing and prospective clients
Talent is the essence of meeting our clients objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, wed love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
* 10+ years of professional experience
* Bachelors degree required, masters degree preferred. Degree(s) in sustainability, energy, environmental studies, business, public policy, or related discipline
* Experience in sustainability, management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or executive operations (including experience as a chief of staff) is required and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
* Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
* Clear and effective communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, flexibility, confidence, and integrity
* Strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
* Expertise in the execution of energy management strategies including the development and implementation of energy efficiency measures, energy program roadmaps, renewable energy contracting options and performance reporting;
* Ability to develop business cases through the synthesis and communication of technical research related to environmental, economic, financial and social impacts.
* Ability to operationalize strategy into actionable implementation plans and execute against those plans
* Ability to operate amidst uncertainty and with flexibility, and extract underlying priorities
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects/project teams concurrently
* Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel and Power BI; programming, and data science
* Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.