Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Dublin, OH. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
This position will perform testing with the Routine Bacteriology area of the Microbiology department, as well as provide some coverage within the Quantiferon area.
The work schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm; rotating weekends (approximately every 3rd).
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
* Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
* Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
* Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
* Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
* Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
* Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
* Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
* Assist with processing of specimens when needed
* Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
* Associate Degree in Clinical Lab Science or Medical Lab Technology; OR Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
* Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
* Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
* ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
* High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
* Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
* Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm; rotating weekends (approximately every 3rd)