PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Uses available instructional materials and a variety of techniques in providing opportunities for student achievement and development.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and application of appropriate developmental practices for young children.
3. Keeps accurate, neat records including class lists, attendance, health records, roll book, report cards, and permanent folders.
4. Maintains an attractive classroom, reporting unsafe conditions when repairs are needed.
5. Develops and implements proper classroom management techniques.
6. Completes reports, assignments and records in a timely fashion.
7. Collects lunch and/or activity monies as may be necessary.
8. Plans and prepares for classes, submitting lesson plans weekly.
9. Reports regularly and punctually to assigned work locations.
10. Reports promptly for all assigned duties.
11. Notifies the principal or designated person of impending absence.
12. Supplies substitutes with adequate plans and materials.
13. Maintains properly the books and equipment assigned to the class.
14. Becomes knowledgeable about methods, programs, curriculum guides, procedure bulletins, and available resources in the system.
15. Uses a variety of methods for diagnosis and/or placement purposes.
16. Exhibits self-control and decorum for student emulation.
17. Provides for individual differences.
18. Continually evaluates student progress and plan with student needs in mind.
19. Cooperates with school-based and central office personnel.
20. Encourages parent to be informed of the student's progress and needs.
21. Demonstrates evidence of professional growth, participates in inservice training and contributes to faculty meetings and/or faculty studies.
22. Conforms to Louisiana laws concerning the education, health, safety and welfare of assigned students.
23. Assists in the development and implementation of quality education in Jefferson Parish Public Schools.
24. Plans for and actively participates in the evaluation process.
25. Performs all other duties assigned by the principal.WORK ENVIRONMENT/HOURS WORKED:
The teacher will work in a school setting, climate controlled environment adhering to School board energy policy and in the outside areas which are subject to climate extremes. Work day consists of teacher hours at assigned school site according to bargaining unit agreement.COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
A teacher must be able to effectively communicate English both orally and in writing. Must have ability to accurately give and receive information via tele-communication system and must be able to communicate successfully and pleasantly with students, parents, and school personnel.EQUIPMENT USED:
Telephone, audio-visual equipment, classroom computer, copy machine, laminator, calculator, and other appropriate machines.PHYSICAL INVOLVEMENT:
Standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting 10 pounds is sometimes required. Must be able to operate classroom equipment. Must be able to physically transfer, restrain or position special education students as required.MENTAL INVOLVEMENT:
Must be able to plan and implement appropriate education programs for all students. Must be able to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions. Must keep accurate, up-to-date written and verbal instructions. Must be able to comply with state and parish regulations. Must be able to utilize effective classroom management techniques.HUMAN RELATIONS INVOLVEMENT:
Must be able to work cooperatively with students, parents, and school personnel. Must be able to respond positively to supervision and accept suggestions for improvement.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. College Degree
2. Valid Louisiana Teaching Certificate
3. Certification in area of assignment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $38,300.00 - $61,800.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following the CDC's guidelines at every campus.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jefferson, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location