At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. We're a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The Director, ASO Biology is expected to lead discovery projects in antisense oligonucleotides (ASO) and oligonucleotide related drug discovery efforts at Eisai G2D2. The Director, ASO Biology is expected to have deep knowledge in drug discovery and pharmaceutical development of oligonucleotides. They are expected to provide expert input and lead the ASO discovery team on efforts, internally and externally, with strong communication and leadership skills.
· Lead a team of scientists responsible for applying oligonucleotide therapeutic modality for CNS drug discovery and impacting portfolio decision-making across Eisai's global Neurology Discovery sites. The team is responsible for Oligonucleotide modality drug design, advancing key ASO therapeutic agent from discovery phase to clinical introduction, including resource management and timeline. The team is responsible for building a solid ASO platform in collaboration with all other internal and external functions and expertise.
· Lead efforts in the team to explore, and implement new technologies in building ASO therapeutics platform for the future.
· Identify, initiate, and execute collaborations with academic, biotech, and other pharma partners to produce insights capable of impacting program and portfolio decision-making.
· Communicate effectively on the projects and platform progress to a broad internal and external colleagues from a variety of scientific backgrounds.
· Provide expert inputs to local and global stakeholders in global Discovery Research.
· Publish/present on key findings as appropriate.
· Ph.D. in pharmaceutical/biological science or a related discipline.
· 8-10 years' experience in the oligonucleotide science and ASO therapeutics drug discovery.
· Experience as a leader of ASO drug discovery teams and has a demonstrated track record.
· In-depth oligonucleotide therapeutic discovery and development knowledge is required.
· Experience leading efforts to assess novel ASO technologies and analytical techniques.
· Familiarity with the global vendor landscape for contract research relating to oligonucleotide sciences is required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to function as a productive member of cross-disciplinary teams is required.
· Excellent communicational, organizational and management skills are required.
· The ability to thrive in a flexible, goal-oriented environment is required.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
At Eisai Inc., human health care ( hhc ) is our goal. We give our first thoughts to patients and their families, and helping to increase the benefits health care provides. As the U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of Tokyo-based Eisai Co., Ltd., we have a passionate commitment to patient care that is the driving force behind our efforts to discover and develop innovative therapies to help address unmet medical needs.
Eisai is a fully integrated pharmaceutical business that operates in two global business groups: oncology and neurology (dementia-related diseases and neurodegenerative diseases). Our U.S. headquarters, commercial and clinical development organizations are located in New Jersey; our discovery labs are in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania; and our global demand chain organization resides in Maryland and North Carolina. To learn more about Eisai Inc., please visit us at www.eisai.com/US and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn .
All data that is entered should be in the correct case, please refrain from using all caps.
For a better user experience, we recommend using the latest version of Chrome.