Senior Director/VP Computational Biology
at Flare Therapeutics
To date, the collective research on transcription factors has been elusive to drug discovery. Flare Therapeutics, an early-stage biotech, has now reached a moment of light - with the prospect of forever changing the trajectory of how we treat disease. We are trailblazing the path to transcription factors by intervening at a previously hidden region we have identified as the 'switch site.' Join us and help illuminate the path to the possible. We need you.
Join an agile multidisciplinary team meeting the future precision medicine-driven drug discovery today. Be part of a team at the intersection of pre-clinical, translational studies & early clinical program advancement leveraging molecular real-world data and applying next-gen disruptive technology to bridge the bench to patient paradigm. The Senior Director/VP will craft the bioinformatic and data science strategy for Flare Therapeutics, to enable research projects and clinical development programs as well as enabling reverse translational data approaches to support pipeline decision-making.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Flare senior leadership team and biology/translational scientists to implement data-driven solutions that maximize the probability of therapeutic benefit to patients
- Build a nimble bidirectional internal/virtual hybrid computational team and network; Enabling pre-clinical translational biomarker hypothesis testing and providing evidence-based solutions in support of tractable precision oncology solutions primed for inclusion in clinical development programs; Supporting reverse translational efforts that impact novel target identification, evaluation and selection for pipeline advancement
- Define the computational capability roadmap including; Development and/or determining best practice and approach to tools, methodologies and platforms that fast-track complex translational hypothesis-testing in support of rapidly advancing clinical programs; Enabling comprehensive integrative analysis of multi ‘omic' data sets, (including but not limited to genome, transcriptome, proteome, metabolome, spatiotemporal morphological image analysis and multiplex immunohistochemistry) from orthogonal data sources (public, real-world provisioned and proprietary internal data sets); Determine and oversee methodology and data analysis to be used in clinical studies, encompassing biostatistical rigor, data collection and quality etc.
- Partner with IT & Informatics to enable the optimal model commensurate with: Enabling a flexible data commons infrastructure, inclusive of clinical trial database deliverables as well as the storage, collation and visualization of translational integrated data sets.; Support the creation of a data-informed culture at Flare including: Contribute to the investment strategy that will enhance our ability to render our proprietary data sets across diverse application domains into structured environs amenable to ML-based approaches; Determine scope, risk assessment, and data/resource requirements surrounding new data-driven computational projects
- Be accountable to deliver and present key data packages and updates to the broader organization that impact engine and pipeline milestones and decisions
- You have a PhD in STEM field such as computational biology, genetics, computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent experience in an industry context with a master or bachelor degree.
- You have a minimum of 8-10 years' industry experience in clinical/medical research. Experience in support of IND filing highly desired.
- You have a deep understanding of bioinformatics, clinical informatics, and fluency in integrating and leveraging orthogonal diverse data types to support hypothesis and mechanistic underpinnings of disease and drug action.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with git, Python and / or R, and other modern DevOps practices.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You might even have experience with HPC and container orchestration would be a plus.
- You have an ability to manage people effectively and thoughtfully, including mentoring and coaching, cross-functional teaching and assessment of talent as we grow the organization and establish robust career development paths for team members.
- You may have exposure to systems biology approaches and methodologies.
- You have experience in an oncology setting.
- You have a demonstrated track record of complex problem solving, critical thinking and leading others to achieve novel insights.
- You have the capacity to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, within a fast growing, dynamic and risk-taking environment with resiliency, higher order multitasking skills and self-motivation.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in particular delivering compelling scientific narratives attuned to a particular audience.
- Contribute to driving a culture of innovation.
- You love science and have a sense of humor.
Flare Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Flare about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Flare via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Flare, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Flare for this position and a valid agreement with Flare is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Flare agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000