Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of an organization dedicated to tackling global issues such as climate change? Are you enthusiastic about modernizing energy systems to support decarbonization and the energy transition? Do you get excited by solving strategic problems and collaborating with a team to do so?DNV's Energy Systems North America group and is seeking a student with an interest in the future of the energy industry to join our Strategy Team as an intern. This role will be responsible for supporting projects involving energy efficiency, demand response, distributed energy resources, electrification, and cost-benefit analyses.
This is a remote position based from any location in the continental U.S. (except Colorado).
The internship could last up to 6 months (one to two semesters).What you'll do
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Support energy efficiency (EE), demand response (DR), distributed energy resource (DER), and building and transportation electrification potential studies and forecasting efforts and non-wires alternatives (NWA) planning assessments. This can include research into
- The costs and savings of EE, DR, and DER measures
- The non-energy related costs and benefits of these programs
- Measure adoption and customer participation trends
- Research utility program designs and performance metrics to support best practice reviews and benchmarking
- Contribute to data collection efforts including survey design and analysis
- Model data input development, including documentation of sources and assumptions
- Review the results of data analyses to support the development of meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers
- Completion of two years of college courses in a relevant discipline (economics, public policy, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or social sciences) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with PowerBI a plus.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated curiosity and desire to continue learning and evolving with the market. An interest in understanding trends in decarbonization and grid modernization developments, policies, and markets
- Willingness to undertake new and exciting activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem. An interest in using data and research to tell a story
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with different cultural backgrounds and experience
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
***Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the energy transition.
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.