About Grocery Outlet:
* Our Mission: Touching lives for the better
* Our Vision: Touching lives by being the first choice for bargain-minded consumers in the U.S.
* Our Values & Behaviors: Achievement, Diversity, Entrepreneurship, Family, Fun, Integrity & Service
About The Team:
Our legal team's mission is to help our business succeed by mitigating risk and loss and insuring safe keeping of the company's assets. Our team is a fun, business-oriented group that prides themselves on being diplomatic, equitable, highly analytical, and exceptional communicators.
About The Role:
The position will be to monitor, create and answer questions about environmental compliance in both Distribution Centers and Stores. Knowledge of environmental regulations and the requirements for retail operations are a must. In addition, this candidate must be able to effectively communicate the requirements to an audience that is largely unfamiliar with the standards and laws.
* Stay updated with local, state and federal environmental regulations.
* Develop and enforce environmental guidelines and practices.
* Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
* Generate environmental reports as requested by regulatory agencies.
* Provide guidance and direction to management for ensuring environmental compliance.
* Prepare permit applications and agreements as needed by regulatory agencies.
* Obtain, maintain, modify and renew environmental permits and licenses.
* Work with emergency response team to address environmental incidents such as chemical leaks and spills.
* Identify and solve environmental violations.
* Conduct regular environmental inspections
* Investigate environmental accidents and propose corrective actions.
* Write environmental related articles, newsletters, and press releases.
* Assist in developing project proposals and statement of work and determine overall budget and schedules.
* Maintain inventory control and oversee shipping and transportation arrangements.
* Oversee waste disposal and pollution control programs.
* Educate workers on environmental health and safety procedures.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
* Environmental background with experience with HMBPs, EPAs, CARB, Hazardous Materials Handling, Hazardous Waste Streams in a Retail environment, and Hazardous Waste Disposal etc.
* Can navigate the CA environmental laws to assist with compliance
* Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including experience and confidence in public speaking, report-writing, and dealing with regulators.
* Ability to uphold initiatives to reduce health and safety losses by enforcing effective health and safety policies.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment, work well under pressure, take initiative, and be flexible and cooperative.
* Strong utilization of organizational skills with high attention to detail and emphasis on quality.