Safety and Environmental Manager
Scot Forge is a 127 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world. For this position we are seeking a candidate with a strong background in Environmental Safety, preferably with experience in a manufacturing environment/industry.
* Cast corporate vision for improving safety and environmental performance for three facilities.
* Develop strategic plans and initiatives to achieve the vision
* Communicate vision to organization and enlist all levels of the organization to move towards achieving the vision.
* Develop and champion culture change activities and awareness building tools focused on creating and sustaining an injury-free work environment.
* Develop corporate policies and standards for safety.
* Establish pro-active relationships with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, and DNR.
* Mentor front line supervisors and lead people to increase their understanding of the communication and activities necessary to create and sustain an injury-free work environment.
* Spend time on shop floor to positively reinforce safety critical behaviors with plant personnel and coach away at-risk behaviors.
* Collaborate with plant personnel to resolve safety issues.
* Lead safety continuous improvement teams and projects.
* Conduct regular audits of safety and environmental processes.
* Manage audit and incident investigation corrective actions to completion and verify sustainment.
* Maintain required safety and environmental documentation and file required reports to regulatory agencies accurately and on-time.
* Conduct training / presentations both inside and outside of Scot Forge.
* Track leading safety performance indicators/metrics and communicate those metrics to company personnel
* Establish relationships with area medical care providers and emergency response organizations to maximize the efficiency and quality of care Scot Forge employees receive.
* Manage the random drug & alcohol testing program and 2nd chance program
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Safety
* Preferred: Post graduate degree in safety, business, environmental science or a related field.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification and (or) Certified Utility Safety Administrator (CUSA).
* Working knowledge of Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF), National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
* Minimum 7 years of experience in corporate safety leadership role.
* Must possess a working knowledge of applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and EPA standards, regulations and guidelines.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
* Office environment and Manufacturing Plant.
* Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
* Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Incentive bonus
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Short and Long term disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.