$12,500 SIGN ON INCENTIVE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS! Performs and reports various analyses from multiple specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
* Maintains an expected level of productivity.
* Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
* Completes tasks in a timely manner.
* Handles specimens properly.
* Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
* Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
* Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
* Resolves and reports problems and solutions as appropriate.
* Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and quality control.
* Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established protocols.
* Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal, and manual as appropriate.
* Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed for job functionality.
* Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
* Participates in educational activities to maintain current knowledge in the field.
* Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency exams required.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
This position offers competitive pay, comprehensive health benefits, generous PTO, and a 5% retirement match. Benefits start on day 1!
This position is eligible for shift differentials and voluntary staffing incentives as schedules require.
$12,500 SIGN ON INCENTIVE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!
Education Qualification and Details
Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist:
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university AND successful completion of an ASCP/NAACLS-accredited Medical Technology program OR;
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP categorical certification OR;
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science AND at least two years' experience in a role equivalent to that of a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in a clinical laboratory
* Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred.
* Registry-eligible technologists are encouraged to apply.
Medical Lab Technician:
* Associate degree in a laboratory science with certification (or eligible new graduate) from an accredited institution as either a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
* Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred.
Military experience will be considered. US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, US Navy Medical Laboratory Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory Apprentice.
Geisinger supports your continued education and certification! Tuition reimbursement is available for all full-time employees for job-related undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
Bachelor's Degree- (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Preferred)
Minimum of 1 year-Laboratory (Preferred)
CERTIFICATION(S) AND LICENSE(S)
Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body
Organizational Skills; Laboratory Services; Time Management; Preceptor Skills; Communication Skills; Laboratory Results Reporting; Laboratory Equipment Operation
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org [https://www.geisinger.org/] or connect with us on Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/GeisingerHealth], Instagram [https://www.instagram.com/geisingerhealth/], LinkedIn [https://www.linkedin.com/company/geisinger/] and Twitter [https://twitter.com/GeisingerHealth].