Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate, Discovery Biology
to support our Pharmaceutical Client in San Diego, CA
. This long-term contract engagement (potential to convert full-time) is ideal for candidates with 1-3 years of experience in stem cell & cell culture. Bachelor's of Science degree is a must, preferable in Biology, Cell Biology or a related science. Please note this is an onsite, lab-based role.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities within the Biotech Industry, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.Title:
Research Associate, Discovery BiologyPay Rate
: $25+/hr (flexible depending on experience)Location:
San Diego, CAType:
6+ month contract, potential to convert full-timeOverview
Our Client is seeking a creative and innovative RA to contribute to drug discovery in an exciting, and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will work in a team setting and be responsible for, culture and scale up and differentiation of recombinant and primary human/stem cells. This will include utilization, maintenance and troubleshooting of automated systems to enable production of human cells at drug discovery scale. The position requires a high degree of reliability, independence, attention to detail, flexibility and problem-solving skills.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in biology, bioengineering or a related field and experience in a research laboratory.
- Experience working with liquid handling instrumentation including complex troubleshooting
- Experience with techniques and approaches utilized to culture recombinant or primary cells
- The candidate must be detail oriented, flexible and have strong problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of drug discovery process.
- Is a compulsive problem solver; able to deliver innovative, effective solutions to challenging problems
- Experience of working in quality control laboratory environment a plus
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Goals oriented, driven and well organized.