Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
To be considered for employment, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature before the application deadline December 6, 2021. Please submit a current resume and cover letter (recommended).
INTERNSHIPS AT CARGILL:
From day one, you will be an integral part of the team.Internships are 10 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. As an intern, you will encounter real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce!
CORPORATE STRATEGY ASSOCIATE INTERNSHIP:
The Corporate Strategy Associate Intern will work on high priority projects and initiatives sponsored by Cargill's Executive Team and other senior business leaders to develop high-impact corporate, business, and function strategies. Working within Cargill's Corporate Strategy group provides an exciting chance to create a meaningful impact within our company and the broader Food & Agriculture industry! You will work in partnership with Cargill's leadership to develop strategies that drive sustained, profitable growth in an increasingly dynamic and global Food & Agriculture environment. You will think about how to manage the risks and gather the opportunities presented by the biggest global issues facing the world today - from food security, resource scarcity, and climate change to global trade flows and new technologies. Specific work may include evaluating market entry opportunities, developing new business models, or defining our long-term corporate strategy.
* Written and verbal communications, including storyline development and executive presentation preparation
* Planning and structuring work in support of team leaders and overall project management
* Problem solving, including developing and testing hypotheses, qualitative and quantitative data gathering and analysis working towards feasible solutions
* Collaboration with business partners to capture information, build consensus for recommendations, etc.
* Help lead the Corporate Strategy department through recruiting, training, mentoring, and other teambuilding activities
* Bring an objective and external lens to Cargill
* Internships are paid and are typically 10 weeks in duration
* Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship (for dual degree candidates graduating after summer 2023) or full-time position for the following year
* Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement are available to interns who qualify
* Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern
* As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities
* Throughout the internship, interns are encouraged to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and maximize our employees' outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
* Asian Alliance Network
* Cargill Young Professionals Network
* Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
* Cargill Ebony Council
* Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
* Hispanic-Latino Council
* Cargill Pride Network
* Veterans & Military Support Network
* Cargill Women's Network
* Wayzata, MN
* Pursuing an MBA or relevant Master's degree with anticipated graduation date between 2023 to 2024
* 2-4 years of relevant work experience in consulting, strategy, food/agriculture, or other applicable roles
* Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with strong business acumen, especially complex, ambiguous problems requiring integrated application of skills (e.g., finance, marketing, strategy, operations)
* Demonstrated team and project leadership skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Exposure to, or demonstrated affinity for, Food & Ag or related industries
* High sense of accountability, strong will to succeed, and demonstrated desire to learn
* Ability to travel, potentially up to 20% (depending on project needs and COVID-19 related travel restrictions)
* International business experience
* Bilingual, especially Spanish or Portuguese
* Ability to navigate complex organizations
* Ability to operate with partners across all levels of an organization
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.