Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.Job Description
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Molecular and Cell Biology Associate to support our Professional Scientific Services group in San Diego, CA.Job Responsibilities
Ideal Candidate Would Possess
- Assist in molecular biology to support the cloning and expression of various antibodies including the following of specific protocols for cloning and DNA preparation
- Assist in general cell biology to support antibody expression, including transfection, cell culture and cell maintenance, for expression of antibodies
- Assist in general biochemistry to support the purification and analytical assessment of purified antibodies, including the use of preparative chromatography for purification, and analytical HPLC and other related methods for characterization of purified antibodies
- Assist in the biophysical characterization of generated antibodies, including sample preparation, data collection and analysis for a variety of techniques
- Appropriate documentation of all experimental results, and the sharing and presentation of obtained results
- Mammalian cell culture experience
- A high level of proficiency in purifying proteins generated from various sources
- Experience in the use of various preparative chromatography techniques for purification (e.g. IEX, HIC, RP, SEC, IMAC) and analytical HPLC
- Some working knowledge in molecular and cell biology
- Detail oriented and precise in routine lab practice
- Demonstrated ability to apply scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments
- Ability to independently troubleshoot problems requiring original thought
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including documentation of experiments in a lab notebook and preparation of technical reports and presentations
- Must be able to communicate complex scientific findings and recommendations in one-on-one discussions and departmental meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-driven and highly flexible team-player in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree with 3-4 years of experience, or Master's degree with 1-2 years of experience in protein purification
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Additional InformationWhat We Offer
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.