Description About nLIGHT
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Camas, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Europe.
nLIGHT is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Technician to join our team located in Vancouver, Washington. The EH&S technician will assist the EH&S department in providing cost effective, state of the art environmental and safety consulting services. The EH&S Technician is responsible for performing tasks associated with maintaining compliance with applicable environmental and safety regulations. This is a job of moderate complexity requiring the ability to work and act both independently and under the direction of EH&S Manager Role and Responsibilities: EHS Management System
- Assist EHS Manager in planning, developing, implementing, coordinating, evaluating, and updating nLIGHT's EHS policies, procedures, and programs in the US. to Standardize with other global nLIGHT locations
- Drive EHS MS improvements based on the results of annual US EHS-self assessments
- Assist EHS Manager in the execution of a robust Hazard Communication Program including the availability of correct and current SDS
- Perform routine inspections to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company EH&S procedures including fire extinguisher inspections, emergency eyewash/safety shower inspections and tests and inspections of hazardous materials accumulation areas
- Participate in health and safety committee meetings, reviews, and audits of lab areas and provide follow up tracking of action items to ensure completion of corrective actions
- Ensure the proper calibration of industrial hygiene equipment.
- Perform environmental and industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring (Air & Water)
- Prepare, process, and track analytical samples collected from projects
- Perform and prepare written reports on Indoor Environmental Quality assessments
- May provide guidance regarding the management, disposal, and documentation of hazardous and regulated wastes
- Compile data for written compliance documents as required to maintain compliance with OSHA, DOE, SWCAA, L&I, and other agencies requirements
- Assist with electrical evaluations of tools and equipment in accordance with National Electric Codes
- Complete nLIGHT EHS Scorecards for US locations each month
- Complete and submit OSHA Log for US Sites
- Complete, and once reviewed by EHS Manager, submit environmental reports
- Participate in investigations of serious incidents
- Examine and interpret incident data, identify root causes, and verify corrective/preventive actions
- Requires an Associate Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Science or related field, Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years working in EHS providing safety oversight and coordinating aspects related to an environmental, health and safety program, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience and/or training with regulatory programs such as Electrical Safety, Lockout/Tag-out, Laser Safety, Forklift safety, Machine Guarding, Hazard Communication and other programs, as needed.
- Experience performing environmental and industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring (Air & Water); performing and preparing written reports on Indoor Environmental Quality assessments.
- Capable of working independently without extensive direction or oversight
- Ability to conduct formal training sessions
- Prefer candidates with background in electrical safety.
- Strong initiative and independent judgment in routine and emergency situations.
- Strong computer skills required (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Basic manufacturing understanding.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable regulatory and third-party standards.
- Excellent oral and written skills and an ability to effectively communicate ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to firmly drive actions and communicate business consequences of non-compliance.
- Ability to support and gain trust at multiple organizational levels.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation package
- 80 hours of paid Vacation per year, plus Paid Sick Leave and paid Holidays
- You will be eligible for health benefits on the 1st day of the month after your start date.
- Medical & Dental Benefits including Prescription, Orthodontia and Vision with premiums as low as $35.00 per pay period.
- Flexible Spending and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State. Equal Opportunity Employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: " EEO is the Law
" and its accompanying temporary supplement
. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) ###-#### or [email protected]
Associated topics: clinical, environment, hazard, health, nursing, safe, safety, sewer system, waste, wwtp