United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VAJob Summary
AECOM is seeking an experienced Environmental Professional in the Virginia area. The appropriately qualified applicant will demonstrate experience and working knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, environmental science principles, and site characterization methods. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support planning and executing projects for the DoD in the areas of environmental compliance and/or cleanup.
- Provide administrative support to technical projects
- Perform environmental regulatory research and analysis
- Develop and implement environmental solutions and best management practices; and support environmental planning activities (e.g., project files, meeting support, and conference support)
- Interface with clients to identify technical requirements
- Write work planning documents (e.g., UFP-QAPP) and technical reports
- Perform field work including sampling and data collection at project sites, often requiring extended travel
- Participate in teams of scientists and technicians in execution of project tasks
- Analyze data sets, draw conclusions, and develop risk management recommendations
- Manage personal workloads; apprising project managers of progress and obstacles, and presenting project outputs for final delivery
- Meet required schedules while producing quality work
- Work independently with minimal supervision and complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Work both in a team environment and without supervision
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Professional licensure preferred
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether its improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of whats possible the worlds longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 Top 500 Design Firms and #1 2019 Top 200 Environmental Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOMs global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in environmental science, chemistry, geology, or related science field.
- BA/BS + 6 years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education.
- Proficient in standard office computer applications and software, to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must be a US Citizen capable of passing a National Agency Check.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must physically reside within 50 miles of Washington, DC.
What We Offer
- Demonstrate familiarity of federal environmental laws and regulations as they apply to the mission and installations within the Department of Defense (e.g., Military Munitions Response Program, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation Liability Act)
- Demonstrate ability to conduct field measurement activities accordance with established protocols.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrate experience authoring Accident Prevent Plans and UFP-APP (for Munitions Response projects), Remedial Investigation Reports, and Feasibility Studies.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA and State and Federal safety regulations
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to make amazing happen in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each persons potential, and well help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - EnvironmentalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.