Design and execute independent research that supports R&D projects. The Senior Scientist is primarily responsible for performing and managing scientific and technical activities, which may also include responsibility for the management of scientific staff.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Independently performs scientific experiments with a predefined goal including developing new methodologies, protocols and or test procedures that contribute to core group/research goals and reflect expert knowledge; May direct and oversee experimental design and results of technicians and junior level scientists
* Develops an understanding of R&D team goals and works effectively toward achieving them; Either assumes departmental responsibility for projects when necessary OR has ability to participate as representative on multiple project teams and contribute to defining expertise-related aspects of overall program goals
* Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and or presentations; Presents responsibly and defends own work at meetings; May deliver updates to senior level management in context of overall project goals
* Develops expertise in a specific project-relevant area OR technology; May provide guidance and expertise to advance specific projects OR evaluate and propose new technologies and concepts in support of multiple projects.
* Keeps abreast of relevant literature; Develops visibility outside of functional area
* Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
* Complies with all applicable regulations; Ensures that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
* Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel
* Ph.D. from an accredited institution or equivalent experience in a related field
* Demonstrates a broad knowledge of field
* Appropriate level of understanding of applicable regulations
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment PhD or equivalent experience in a related field
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here (https%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/covid-19) for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com (http%5C://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/) and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a persons actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.