With over 20 years' experience, Gestamp remains a leader in the European automotive industry. Dedicated to the design, development and manufacturing of metal automotive components, Gestamp focuses on innovative development to produce safer and lighter vehicles.
At Gestamp, we believe people are the architects of our company's success. This mindset is an essential asset for the organization. We welcome talented, motivated and team-based individuals who want to assemble their next career with Gestamp!JOB SUMMARY
The Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Engineer is responsible for maintaining the HSE services, policies and programs for their respective facility. Major areas of responsibility include: ensuring regulatory and corporate compliance, providing regulatory and technical support and training assistance at all levels of the business. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Change agent for improving safety culture at the plants.
- Identify and execute action plans for safety and environmental KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and local HSE standards.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures for all critical and other manufacturing processes (LOTO, overhead cranes, powered industrial vehicles, contractor safety, etc.).
- Works to improve local HSE safety index score.
- Compiles and submits required internal and external reports and accident investigations.
- Responsible for safety training during new hire orientation.
- Assist in directing plant Emergency Response Team and Safety Committee(s).
- Assist in managing workers compensation cases as directed by HSE Manager.
- Continuously ensure plant compliance with environmental requirements. Assists in required environmental data tracking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 0-5 years of HSE experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field, required.
- Manufacturing experience, highly preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DHEC, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Self-starter - excellent ability to initiate, analyze and resolve.
- Proficient in writing and speaking skills.
Gestamp North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.