As an Ecological Assistant Project Manager (APM), you'll have the opportunity to work on projects for clients in the renewables, oil & gas, mining, real estate, power, and solid waste industries. You'll be part of a team led by senior ecologists who will mentor you through all stages of projects - from proposal through final deliverable. The APM position sets you on a path for continued growth throughout your career. This position affords a mix of field and office work, supplemented with training in the critical areas of technical expertise, data interpretation, financial management, and client development that are needed to grow into a complete consultant.
- B.S. or B.A. in a natural sciences field (e.g., Ecology, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Biology)
- 4-8 years of experience performing or leading applied ecological field studies (e.g., wetland delineation, fisheries, forestry, botany, invertebrates)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of scientific process and ability to work in team setting
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple project needs.
Additional qualification that are a plus
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture .
- Completion of a 40-hour wetland delineation training course
- Familiarity with Section 401 and 404 Clean Water Act regulations and permitting requirements in PA, WV, and OH
- Familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS)
- Familiarity with electronic data collection and management
- Familiarity with ecological restoration practices.
Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.