At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
WE ARE SEEKING A HIGHLY MOTIVATED POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW WITH IMMUNOLOGY EXPERIENCE TO JOIN THE LYMPHOID BIOLOGY GROUP AT BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB IN REDWOOD CITY, CA.
AT THE SITE, WE ARE FOCUSED ON ADVANCING IMMUNE-ONCOLOGY THERAPIES AND HAVE A TRACK RECORD OF DEVELOPING NOVEL DRUGS TARGETING LYMPHOCYTE CHECKPOINT RECEPTORS.
THE CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRIVE INDEPENDENT RESEARCH WHILE GETTING EXPOSURE TO DRUG DEVELOPMENT, AS WELL AS THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK COLLABORATIVELY WITH DISCOVERY BIOLOGY, PREDICTIVE SCIENCE/BIOINFORMATICS, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY, AND TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE TEAMS TO MAKE SEMINAL BIOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES.
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL BRING EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE IN IMMUNOLOGY AND B CELL BIOLOGY AND WILL WORK TO ADVANCE OUR UNDERSTAND OF HOW THESE CELLS CAN REGULATE THE ANTI-TUMOR RESPONSE IN HUMAN CANCERS.
- Demonstrate deep scientific and technical expertise in the fields of immunology, produce high-impact publication and present at conferences
- Independently design, optimize and execute on biological hypothesis in the lab and/or bioinformatically
- Effectively compile and present data to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to a culture that embraces scientific excellence, effectiveness, and collaboration
- Foster collaboration across different functions
**Qualifications & Experience**
- Ph.D. in Immunology or equivalent biology degree
- A proven track record of critical thinking and ability to design, execute and interpret experiments as exemplified by high quality publications
- Expertise in the field of immunology, T and/or B cells biology
- Expertise in isolation, characterization and functional assay using primary immune cells of rodent and/or human origin
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry analysis of immune cells (Cytobank, FlowJo)
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing and bioinformatic is a plus
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.