Employment Opportunity: Staff Level Environmental Geologist / Scientist Weber, Hayes & Associates
Our well-established Monterey Bay-located environmental consulting firm (www.weber-hayes.com) is seeking a full time Staff Geologist/Scientist for a mix of field work, reporting and technical support related to range of environmental investigation, remediation, and compliance services. Our firm completes agency-required evaluations needed to assess chemical releases (groundwater, soil and soil vapor), drinking water supply, stormwater and other regulated environmental compliance investigations for a wide range of clients. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is early into their career as an environmental geologist / scientist. If you are seeking employment with a small firm where you are valued and can choose your career path with our support as you learn what excites you, then please apply.
The primary focus of this position will be to collaborate with and support geologists/engineers with all aspects of budgeting, planning, field data collection, and compilation of technical reports. Work would involve interfacing with our staff, clients, and regulatory agencies from the local to State levels. Candidate qualification considerations include:
- BS degree in Geology, Environmental Science or another related technical field.
- 40-Hour HazWoper Training is desired, but not a requirement.
- Other beneficial (but not required) certifications include, Geologist-in-Training, Stormwater
- QSD/QSP/QISD/QISP, and/or Professional Registration.
The job will include a broad mix of field and office work - the candidate must:
- Be self-motivated and self-directed, able-bodied, and hardworking (ability to stoop, kneel, climb, lift up to 50 pounds, and working occasional long days).
- Possess strong technical writing and oral communication skills and able to meet schedule deadlines.
- Proficiency with standard word processing and database programs (Microsoft Word/Excel/Power
Point, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information on State and Federal technical guidance, and regulations, and compliance determinations.
- Have a valid, current Driver's License, and,
- Have 2-5 years-experience in a related field.
GENERAL STAFF GEOLOGIST / SCIENTIST RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform a wide range of fieldwork tasks with direct training from our staff, including subcontractor management, logging soil borings, overseeing groundwater monitoring / remediation well installations,
UST removals, remedial excavations, and collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, soil vapor and indoor air samples, as well as documenting field activities.
- Set up field projects, including permitting; hiring subcontractors; coordinating with staff, laboratories, and subcontractors; and obtaining necessary materials and equipment.
- Perform data management, review, and synthesis.
- Draft technical reports documenting fieldwork and results.
- Assist the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relation.
- Willingness to travel to project sites throughout central California.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
Annual salary starts at $46.8K to $52K based on experience and pay increases are based on performance. This position includes medical, dental and prescription plan health benefits, profit-sharing bonuses, and 401(k) plan with employer match. Other benefits include eleven (11) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and use of a company vehicle. This career-based position will naturally progress into a Project Geologist / Scientist role and beyond, with the right applicant.
To apply for the position, please provide your resume along with at least two (2) professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,800.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location