FLP, LLC is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of dietary supplements both human and pet, as well as general merchandise products in, pet, cleaning, housewares and seasonal categories. FLP, LLC is headquartered in Tempe AZ, with overseas offices in Ningbo, China. The company services the grocery, drug and mass merchant trade. We are located at: 2405 South Roosevelt Street Tempe, Az 85282 FLP is a is drug free and smoke free company.Position Summary
Microbiologist I/II (DOE) conducts microbial analysis on raw materials, in-process materials, finished products and environmental samples for a variety of matrices including: powders, capsules, tablets, softchews, liquids, and softgels. In support of manufacturing, assessment and release for one of the fastest growing contract manufacturers in the Dietary Supplement industry.Position Type
This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position reporting to the Laboratory Manager. Flexible schedule, coverage is needed for Monday - Sunday (Weekend shifts are typically four day work weeks). Must be willing to work overtime as needed.Essential Duties/Responsibilities/Functions:
Microbiologist II (Expanded Responsibilities)
- Perform microbial analysis of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products.
- Perform enumeration and detection testing utilizing Biolumix (Soleris) Rapid Microbiological screening platform.
- Perform enumeration testing utilizing AOAC Petri-film methods
- Perform enumeration and detection testing utilizing traditional compendial plating methods where appropriate.
- Perform water activity testing utilizing Water Activity Meter.
- Perform environmental monitoring of production/GMP areas for surfaces, water, and air.
- Perform confirmatory testing methods for presumptive samples.
- Assist in conducting Out of Specification (OOS) investigations.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues that arise during analysis.
- Conduct and/or review all analysis and documentation using cGMPs, GDPs and other applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA, NSF, ISO etc.)
- Assist in the onboarding of new test methods.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory media, reagents, and standardized solutions.
- Prepare and maintain control strains of applicable organisms.
- Maintain aseptic conditions when conducting analysis and support activities.
- Complete review of microbial analysis test sheets and enter data into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Perform calibrations, preventative maintenance, and verification activities for critical testing equipment.
- Maintain inventory of critical consumables and reagents.
- Perform Microbial Risk Assessments for classification of samples.
- Lead Out of Specification (OOS) investigations.
- Lead troubleshooting of issues that arise during analysis.
- Lead onboarding of new test methodologies and platforms (current project implementation of detections via PCR on the GeneUp Platform)
- Initiate and/or review new test methods and test method revisions.
- Review, maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) necessary for operations and testing in a microbiological laboratory.
- Establish processes in adherence with good laboratory practices (GLPs) requirements.
- Maintain and/or improve current processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Working with biological or chemical materials of varying degrees of risk and risk classifications.Physical Demands and Abilities
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Able to be in standing position for 8-10 hours a day
- You must pass a drug test and back ground screening.
- Must have an associates degree in a related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Strong reading skills required.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Must be willing to learn new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform all essential position duties and responsibilities without posing a direct safety threat to self or others.
- Ability to think on your feet including using solution solving vocabulary to resolve conflicts.
- Deadline driven, have a sense of urgency, and be proactive.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, a professional attitude, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability organize and prioritize situations and tasks by importance.
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities and deal with multiple demands.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Experience working in cGMP environment regulated by FDA, NSF or other regulatory agency.
- Bachelors degree is preferred (or equivalent experience 3-4 years working in a biological field).
- One or more years of work experience in microbiological analysis or related technical field.
- Experience working aseptically.
FLP offers an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K - Company match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off (PTO) which can be used for vacation, illness or personal days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location