Cell Biologist (Research Associate)
Lab-Based - San Diego, CA
IconOVir Bio is a preclinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the next generation of oncolytic virus therapy to improve the treatment of patients with cancer. The Company's proprietary oncolytic virus platform is based on technology developed by scientific founder Clodagh O'Shea, Ph.D., of the Salk Institute. It is designed to address key limitations of first- and second-generation oncolytic viruses and provide personalized therapy for cancer patients. The company is at the forefront of developing transformative potent OV products that will selectively and efficiently kill tumor cells and empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors, allowing for durable, long-term anti-tumor responses. With seasoned leaders, secured venture backing, and licensed proprietary technology from the Salk Institute, we are positioned at the forefront of the oncolytic viral space. IconOVir Bio is based in San Diego, CA.
Summary of Position
We are seeking an experienced cell biologist to join our Process and Analytics Development group in support of our pipeline of virus-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate is expected to have a strong background in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays. Responsibilities will include small-scale virus production, virus characterization, and assisting with a high-throughput screening platform to evaluate virus therapeutic candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture/aseptic technique
- Perform small-scale virus production, purification, and virus titer assays according to laboratory protocols and SOPs
- Assist with high-throughput in vitro assays to evaluate virus candidates for activity in panels of human cell lines. Includes culture of human primary cells and human cancer lines using aseptic technique
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Review, analyze and interpret data; prepare summary tables
- Manage material, equipment, and instrumentation, and keep accurate inventories of supplies for laboratory; forecast future needs based on projections
- Maintain electronic lab notebook and appropriate documentation
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to advance pipeline development
- B.S. in Biology or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have cell biology, cell-based assay background
- Hands-on experience with cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working with human viruses is a plus
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and demonstrated ability to work well across functional teams
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
IconOVir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
IconOVir does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.