RegularFull Time includes Saturday shift is 6am-6pmMERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES
As a trusted partner, our Public Health mission is to make food systems safer, healthier and more sustainable. Throughout our global network in 27 countries, we offer to our customers a wide range of testing and innovative solutions dedicated to preventing health risks related to food, environment and consumer goods. External growth has been a key pillar of our history with more than 40 acquisitions completed in the last 10 years.
If you want to contribute to an inspiring long-term purpose, to be part of a fast growing company on a high-value market with significant build-up opportunities, and to grow in an entrepreneurial and warm environment, join us!YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Courier
in 6360 Gateway dr, Cypress, CA 90603 USA. Your mission will be to:
The incumbent must exhibit safe driving skills and maintain a driving record acceptable to company's insurance carrier.
- Pick up sample from the client at the arranged time and deliver to the laboratory.
- Provide courteous client service and communicate any emerging client requirements to the laboratory as needed.
- Ensure departmental Standard Operation Procedures are followed at all times.
- Check sample regularly to ensure that the correct temperature is maintained.
- Maintain records of mileage, vehicle maintenance and other important information for departmental records.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and maintenance as required.
- Run errands for laboratory personnel so that analysis can proceed in a timely fashion.
- May assist laboratory personnel with preparation and analysis of sample.
- May assist laboratory personnel with washing of laboratory equipment.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
The incumbent has frequent contact with the client to arrange delivery of sample.Knowledge:
A basic knowledge of the sample receiving process is necessary to facilitate delivery of adequate sample for the analysis process. Basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry would be helpful to perform necessary sample preparation. The incumbent must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle. The incumbent must exhibit safe driving skills. Client relation skills are essential when interacting with client for deliveries. Time management skills are helpful to facilitate the pick up of all scheduled deliveries. The incumbent must have the skill to maintain the safety and integrity of the sample. Highschool diploma or GED or equivalent relevant work experience.
The incumbent performs routine tasks that follow established delivery procedures. Problems are standard such as a delay in delivery time due to traffic congestion, sample not ready for pick up, and mechanical difficulties. Integrity of sample environment must be maintained to avoid inaccurate results. Courier route may be changed with little notice. The incumbent uses knowledge of the geographic area and the advice of the supervisor to solve problems.
The incumbent works in a delivery vehicle during most of the day and is subject to the environmental conditions of each delivery. Lifting of up to 50-pound sample loads is required for daily deliveries.
The incumbent may work in a laboratory environment which requires the wearing of a mask, laboratory coat, and insulated gloves. Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory. The incumbent can expect extended time spent in a sitting position.WHY JOIN US?
* *Because you would contribute to an inspiring
Public Health purpose,* supported by long-term and visionary shareholders.*
- Because you would have an impact on our strategic pillars that build on 50 years of experience and expertise.
- Because you would be part of a community of an enthusiastic and skilled group of people who love co-building together and serving a purpose bigger than them.
- Because you would be welcome as you are, in a diverse and open-minded environment that is rich in our singularities and differences.
- Because you would grow in an international group of more than 8200 fantastic team members, with plenty of opportunities to learn and share.
*To apply please click on 'Apply now' button*
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location