Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist Molecular Cell Biology with the Early Target Discovery Team located in our San Diego, California office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
The Scientist II of Molecular & Cell Biology, based in San Diego, will contribute to target validation and mechanism of action discovery efforts, employs cutting edge technologies in the areas of molecular biology and supports drug discovery campaigns by Takeda Research.
Contributes to design, development and execution of research assignments, potentially contributing to multiple projects. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contributes to the Drug Discovery Sciences efforts in target feasibility assessment and MOA studies by generating cDNAs libraries, mutant libraries, recombinant expression vectors, stable/inducible cell lines, and characterizes expression and function by biochemical and mammalian cell-based assays
- Develops cell assays and conducts exome-wide library screens using manual and automated methods.
- Select, develop and perform quantitative cell culture assays using biochemical and imaging readouts to meet project team requirements.
- Conducts RT-PCR, ddPCR, qPCR, allelic expression, high throughput mutagenesis, FACS, and ELISA, Western blot, Incucyte-cell viability assays, etc
- Develop and execute assays at low or high throughput to screen libraries and to study RNA biology
- Collect, analyze and interpret data in appropriate scientific context
- Carefully document results in databases and in written and oral scientific reports.
- Supports an overall group culture that is agile, proactive, collaborative, innovative, and external facing.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with post doc and/or industry experience , or
- MS with 6+ years experience, or
- BS with 8+ years experience
- Extensive experience in Molecular Biology is required (Reporter assays; transcriptome, RNAseq, & splicing analysis etc.)
- Biotech/pharma drug discovery, high throughput molecular cloning/assay experience is a plus
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in Molecular Biology as evidenced by quality publications and presentations.
- Positive can-do attitude with strong collaboration skills and ability to team effectively with drug discovery scientists.
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type