*University of California Irvine
Postdoctoral Researcher Environmental Epidemiology Jun Wu, Ph.D. Laboratory*
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health
Postdoctoral Researcher - Environmental Epidemiology - Jun Wu, Ph.D. Laboratory
UC Irvine is one of ten campuses of the highly regarded University of California system. With approximately 37,000 students, 1,500 ladder-rank faculty members, a highly ranked medical school, and over $500 million per year of extramural grant funding, our campus offers a wealth of opportunities for research collaboration and is ranked among the top 10 public universities in the US. UC Irvine is building on excellence in its Program in Public Health to develop a School of Public and Population Health. Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health since October 2012, our rapidly growing Program in Public Health offers BA, BS, MPH, and PhD degrees in a variety of emphasis areas including environmental health sciences and was recently ranked among the top 40 schools and programs in public health in the country by U.S. News and World Report. More information is available on our web site at [http://publichealth.uci.edu/](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2458664&targetURL=http://publichealth.uci.edu/).
The Department of Environmental and Occupational Health at University of California, Irvine (UCI) invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position in environmental epidemiology. UCI is one of the topranked research universities located in Southern California, United States. The selected applicant will work on multiple funded studies through National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) and California Air Resources Board that examine the impact of air pollution, built environment, and meteorology on various health outcomes including respiratory illness, cardiovascular outcomes, pregnancy outcomes, and mental health outcomes. The research will use data from electronic health records of two large medical systems with rich clinical and residential address information. The postdoctoral fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Jun Wu. More details about Dr. Wu's work can be found here: [https://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=5371](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2458664&targetURL=https://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=5371).
Duties will include: 1) work closely with the PI and other team members epidemiological data analysis; 2) publish original research in high impact peerreviewed journals; 3) present relevant work at various scientific meetings; and 4) support the writing of progress and final report.
* Doctoral degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, or equivalent. Applicants who do not have a completed Ph.D. at the time of application must include a letter from their Department Chair specifying the date of their dissertation defense.
* Strong understanding of biostatistics and epidemiological methods.
* Excellent data analysis/programing skills in SAS and/or R.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
* Ability to work independently with occasional supervision.
* Demonstrated publication record in environmental epidemiology.
* Ability to take initiative, creativity, attention to details and commitment to producing high quality work.
Funding is available for a minimum of 2 years. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Start date: January 1, 2022, or earlier if preferred.
Please apply at: [https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07059](https://apptrkr.com/2458664)
1) A cover letter that includes a description of current research, future plans for research and professional goals
2) A curriculum vitae
3) 23 samples of scholarly writing (published, under review or in preparation)
4) Submit 3 references (including the Ph.D supervisor) to Dr. Jun Wu at [email@example.com](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2458664&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
*To apply, visit [https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07059](https://apptrkr.com/2458664)*
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)