Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
We are seeking a high caliber Environmental Specialist II who will work under general supervision of the Environmental Leader and organize/plan program support activities including environmental compliance, conformance, site sustainability efforts, and overall EHS business improvement. In addition, the Environmental Specialist II will lead and support site management in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations. Finally, but not limited to, the Environmental Specialist II will facilitate the investigation and timely identification of incident root cause and corrective action and take an active role in prevention initiatives and efforts. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Support development and completion of weekly and monthly reports including but not limited to environmental incidents, Monthly Operations Review, sustainability data (waste, water, energy) and other ad hoc reports/presentations as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee environmental training programs. Serve as key point of contact for training organization for training programs and content with support from EHS staff.
- Coordinate and oversee environmental documents, SOPs, Work Instructions and forms. Coordinate the development, update, peer review and approval of all EHS documentation.
- Take a lead role in the coordination and management of information in the Action Management Corporate IT platform related to environmental programs. Check records to ensure accurate, complete, and timely information is contained in system. Ensure all records are closed out completely and on time.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Education and/or Experience: B.S. Degree in Environmental Studies or related field. M.S preferred or equivalent experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the environmental field with both hands on and program management experience.
- Ability to navigate and interpret environmental regulations
- Expected to function with little direction and be able to independently drive complex projects to completion.
- Mastery of the technical skills necessary to perform traditional environmental duties but at a higher more independent level.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment
where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development
, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security
through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs
including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company
with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal