Job ID: 572359BR Date posted: Oct. 18, 2021 Locations: Courtland, Alabama COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support and focus and if you have the passion and courage to succeed we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We invite you to join the ES&H team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space in Courtland, AL. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mentality, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee!
Your responsibilities include: Reviewing operations to ensure compliance with safety, environmental, or industrial hygiene standards and regulations. Providing critical support to programs and operations ensuring that safety and environmental standards are met
Other responsibilities include: Conducting field activities in support of LM Space injury prevention and environmental compliance programs, with the focus on environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene. Strong problem solving, and effective teaming skills are needed as well as the ability to adapt to ordnance protocol/requirements.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Bachelors degree in applicable or related safety, environmental, and/or industrial hygiene discipline, or related engineering/scientific degree (math, physics, computer science, etc) with some relevant safety or environmental compliance experience
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Ability to analyze complex technical data from chemical data sheets and environmental health surveys using logic and quantitative reasoning.
• Ability to make oral presentations to persuade others to accept a specific action and or opinion, and provide information to explain procedures and policies.
• You will be engaging with an array of diverse customers and situations so the ability to handle multiple challenging priorities with rapid job closure is important
• Ability to acquire a Secret Security clearance and US Citizenship required.
• Familiarity with and understanding of environmental, safety and health regulations.
• Ability to develop new and innovative methods to increase employee awareness of, and engagement in, ESH compliance programs/initiatives promoting a strong ESH culture across LM Space while taking the initiative to challenge the status quo.
• Apply ergonomic principles to improve cultural awareness of the risks associated with improper workstation design and improve the understanding of proactive measures.
• Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically accurate analytical reports to explain the results of environmental health studies.
• Strong digital literacy, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to track, trend and analyze data
• As a successful member of the team that delivers outstanding results, you will need excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to develop rapport with the team and multiple partners Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Environment Safety and Health Type: Full-Time Shift: First