Description: Responsibilities of the Geologist/Environmental Scientist role will include:
- Coordinate and conduct subsurface investigations, UST closures, and various types of remediations;
- Coordinate and oversee subcontractors (drillers, geophysical consultants, remediation contractors, laboratories);
- Coordinate and manage tasks associated with the implementation of field activities and report preparation;
- Collect environmental samples (soil, groundwater, soil gas, indoor air, surface water, sediment) in accordance with applicable sampling protocol;
- Accurately document field activities (i.e. prepare field notes, boring logs, chain of custody, photographs, and collect measurements and GPS coordinates);
- Interpret analytical data, prepare data tables, and summaries of findings; and
- Prepare technical reports for submittal to clients, and regulatory agencies (i.e. NJDEP, NYSDEC, PADEP).
. Requirements: Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
This position will be based out of our Moorestown, NJ or Edison, NJ offices.
- Bachelor's degree in geology, environmental science, engineering, or related field required;
- Five or more years' experience conducting sampling, (air, soil vapor, soil, groundwater);
- Five or more years' experience overseeing well installations and logging soils;
- Five or more years' experience writing Phase II subsurface investigation reports;
- Experience preparing data tables and submitting EDDs;
- Three or more years' experience working on projects in New Jersey (with working knowledge of NJDEP regulations, guidance, forms, reporting and sampling procedures) preferred;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hour refresher;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Resourcefulness and initiative;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team;
- Willingness to travel to jobsites across New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, and sometimes nationally; and
- Willingness to perform a variety of assignments on short notice and on weekends if needed.
Property Solutions offers competitive salary and excellent benefits package (medical, dental, and vision, coverage, 401K). We also offer the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including due diligence Phase II Subsurface Investigations, Vapor Intrusion Investigations, Site/Remedial Investigations, and Remedial Actions. We offer the opportunity for advancement based on performance.