The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Senior Associate will develop and maintain EHS programs for client Veterinary Medicine Research & Development in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and in accordance with client policies and guidelines. These programs are designed to minimize the impact of site operations on the surrounding community and to ensure a safe, compliant workplace for the site's employees, contingent workers and guests.Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and investigate work areas, practices, and processes to identify and control potentially hazardous conditions, materials, and behaviors.
- Gather and/or research hazard and risk assessment data on materials, equipment and work processes and implement measures to reduce risks and potential hazards in the workplace.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and internal client EHS requirements pertaining to all areas of assigned responsibility.
- Maintain awareness of emerging regulatory developments and proactively assess the impact on the site.
- Complete required and recommended training for the role and seek out additional training and best practices to improve program compliance and enhance program effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and report the status and impact of EHS programs via training sessions, meetings and presentations.
- Be highly engaged as a VMRD EHS Team member and be fully accountable for assigned team deliverables. Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet project and task deadlines.
- Provide instructor-led EHS-related training to employees and contingent workers. Contribute to the creation of new or updated site-specific training content as required.
- Bachelor's degree in an EHS-related field, science discipline (biology or chemistry), engineering, or a similar technical discipline is required.
- Must have relevant experience and demonstratable knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Radiological Safety
- Biological Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- Construction Safety, including fall protection, confined space entry, and powered industrial vehicles
- Waste Management
- Air Emissions Regulations
- Must have proven track record of good decision making and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are critical for this position.
- Candidates must be able to manage emergency situations often under stressful conditions.
- The ability to use hearing, respiratory and eye protection is required.
- Experience implementing environmental sustainability programs is highly desired.
- EHS-specific experience working within a large, multi-faceted R&D laboratory environment is preferred.
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIH, CSP, PE, QEP) are highly desired.
Mask Use Is Required For Employees At This Facility.
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays