Job DescriptionAnderson Dahlen
For 75 years, Anderson Dahlen has provided world-class metal fabrication and equipment integration services to leading companies in a wide variety of industries:
- Food Processing
- Vacuum (Applied Vacuum Division)
Contract manufacturing for OEMs, engineering support and design-build capability for custom projects. From components to fully integrated equipment, our uniquely effective Project Management process helps us continuously shape bright ideas into brilliant results. ISO 9001:2015 certified; ASME, AWS and PED compliant.
Anderson Dahlen is proud to have become part of the Gray family of companies in September 2020. Gray Inc. is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart manufacturing. This acquisition provides Gray new capabilities for stainless-steel manufacturing of key critical equipment for the Food and Beverage industry. It also expands Anderson Dahlen's resources to serve customers in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, and Vacuum Technology markets.PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
A reliable Safety Manager will ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies and programs that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. Lead and ensure the organization is within compliance with local, state, or federal environmental laws and practices. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Lead, develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Distribution of information to the leadership and site team.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct safety training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker's compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
- Liaison with Human Resources and the Leadership team for COVID-19 plans and actions including, but not limited to temperature screening, preventative planning, contact tracing, etc.
- Liaison with Human Resources and the Leadership team to help manage and investigate workplace incidents or near-misses.
- Ownership and management of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Programs.
- Partner with Human Resources regarding Worker's Compensation including but not limited to: claims filing, claims management, post-accident testing, reviewing reports of workability and assessing return to work plans.
- Drive continuous improvement for the safety programs and safety culture.
- Sustain and identify improvements for the Near Miss & 5S Programs.
- Lead and Manage Environmental responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
.Requirements:QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- 1-3 of Years of Experience as a proven safety manager within a manufacturing or metal fabrication environment or 5-6 years as a Sr. Safety Specialist/Safety Coordinator.
- Ability to influence and create buy-in from indirect reports/team members.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Proven record of driving performance improvements within the organization.
- Ability produce reports within Microsoft Excel, presentations within Microsoft Power Point and developing relevant policies within Microsoft Word.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR.
Anderson Dahlen fosters a manufacturing type environment. Moderately heavy work requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less. In the performance of essential duties, the incumbent may be required to operate a variety of industrial machining tools.
- 0-50 lbs.- occasionally
- 51-100 lbs.- Not at all
- 0-25 lbs.- occasionally
- 26-100 lbs.- Not at all
- Bend- 0-33% during an 8-hour shift
- Twist/Turn- Not at all
- Kneel/Squat- 0-33% during an 8-hour shift.
- Sit- 34-66% during an 8-hour shift.
- Stand/Walk- 0-33% during an 8-hour shift
- Overhead Reaching- Not at all
- Ladder/Stair Climb- Not at all
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.At this time, Anderson Dahlen requests no solicitation from staffing or placement agencies regarding this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Benefits