Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne? A cold beer after a hard day's work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench your thirst? Well, it was probably made by us. We are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world's best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.Job Description
This position, Global Director, Environmental Affairs will be recognized as the global subject matter expert and functional area lead for Environmental Affairs. As part of the EHS Global Center of Excellence the position will have two direct reports and will indirectly provide guidance to the Regional EHS Leaders and site EHS Leaders. The position will lead the development and implementation of the Global Environmental Programs.
This position will work closely with the Global EHS Team (Country Group EHS Directors, Global Director Industrial Hygiene, Global Director Safety, Global SME's, N.A. Country Group EHS Mgrs. etc.) to ensure continued compliance with current and future environmental regulations. The position develops and drives processes to advance the O-I Environmental culture to beyond that of just compliance.You Will
What We Offer At O-I
- Lead and coordinate development of O-I Global Environmental Policies, Environmental Best Practices, and training through the Environmental Round Table and interactions with the Country Group EHS Leaders. Facilitates the development of all Environmental policies, programs and protocols (i.e. in North America - CWA, CAA, SARA, RCRA, DOT regulations).
- Lead the Global Environmental Round Table.
- Provide for uniform and consistent application of Global Environmental programs.
- Drive "culture change" through leading by example, coaching, mentoring, and engaging people at all levels
- Assist in the development of site Environmental Leaders.
- Lead the development of Strategic plans for environmental compliance.
- Develop, drives and supports global environmental initiatives through the annual O-I EHS Business Plan.
- Manage the environmental lessons learned process with input from Country Group EHS Leaders and Global SME's.
- Participate as a Global O-I EHS Audit Team Lead or as an Environmental SME, as directed.
- Global EHS lead and SME to the O-I Sustainability Program and Process Development
- Provide input to the O-I Capital (AAP3) and OpEx budgets.
- Support development and implementation of environmental systems within Enablon (O-I data management system).
- Perform due diligence activities for acquisitions, mergers, and closed facilities relative to environmental topics, as needed.
- Direct work of specialty consultants - participates in the selection process, develops scopes of work, schedules and budgets.
- Ensure completion of reports, permits, licensing and notifications in accordance with local, state and federal standards.
- Coordinate all communication and response activities to environmental regulatory authorities when the company is required to provide such communication. Seeks and integrates direction and input from legal in such matters.
- Define and implements the strategy and metrics to measure the global environmental improvements process.
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Education Assistance program
- and much more…
he Director of Environmental Affairs should have:
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related field is required.
- 10+ years of environmental experience in an industrial or related consulting setting required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than 5 years' experience in a leadership role (i.e. Director level or equivalent) for a global company.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the air permitting process (NSR, Title V)
- Knowledge and experience with pollution control equipment (EPs, Scrubbers, SCRs, Baghouse, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with stacks sampling, CEMs, and COMs.
- Certification in environmental subjects and/or project management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations and successful implementation through hands on activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with site and regional leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work with limited direction from supervisor.
- Proficiency in written, oral communications, and computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we'd like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performanceAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
O-I is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact O-I at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.