Job DescriptionJob Summary:
The Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist is the subject matter expert that will assist the site to assure compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will lead the development, implementation, execution, and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety processes. You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, State and Federal Regulations.
- None. This role will lead from a position of influence.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety and environmental procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and implement programs to generate awareness, promote a safety culture, and reduce overall environmental and safety risk of the facilities.
- Maintain Safety committee participation and discussions, reporting improvements and progress to all.
- Conduct internal safety audits and inspections in accordance with all government and company regulations.
- Manage Contractor safety programs and ensure all vendors follow Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Ensure the facilities follow all Federal, State, and Local environmental and safety regulations.
- Assist in all government inspections, and third-party audits, etc. and lead when needed.
- Conduct Risk Analysis and Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledge of Environmental permitting and regulatory requirements associated with permitting.
- Develop and conduct any required training for the team.
- Assist in new project development ensuring that all aspects of environmental, health, and safety have been addressed or mitigated prior to implementation.
- Manage work permits for high hazard work including but not limited to Lockout Tagout, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry, and Line Breaking.
- Partner with State and Federal environmental, health and safety personnel to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Develop and implement the needed documentation for Certification to ISO14001
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field preferred or years of relevant experience.
- Three years of related experience preferred.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.