Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we're helping our clients protect our world's natural resources. As the biologist/ecologist you will provide support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, CEQA analysis, permitting, and project management. You'll apply your deep background in biological monitoring, environmental compliance monitoring, nesting bird surveys in challenging natural resources projects.
Based out of any of California offices, you'll support our fast paced, client centric projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. As an on-call Biologist/Ecologist you'll have the opportunity to provide support for exciting energy, transportation, and infrastructure projects in the San Francisco Bay area. You will serve as a key team member conducting biological surveys, nesting bird surveys, biological monitoring, preparing technical memorandums, and coordinating environmental compliance for projects. Project work will be approximately 75-90% in the field with the remainder of the time being based out of your home office. We are looking for Biologists/Ecologists throughout California with a particular focus in the vicinity of Sacramento, Chico, Red Bluff, Redding, Humboldt, and Fresno. This position requires strong communication skills (written and verbal). This position will be a 9 month contract with possible extension.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your enthusiasm and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we'll help you grow what drives you.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline with biological emphasis
• Requires progressively responsible work history as a biological consultant
• Ability to travel or be in the field for up to 90% of the time and occasional work in rough terrain and challenging weather conditions.
• Experience with biological monitoring, environmental compliance monitoring, nesting bird surveys or similar.
• Located in Northern California or the Central Valley and regularly travel for fieldwork. Work will include 10-12 hour days on a regular basis.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Possession of a state [Scientific Collecting/MOU] and/or federal permit [10(a)1(A)] for listed species. Previous approvals as a California red-legged frog or California tiger salamander, Authorized Biologist, or experience conducting focused wildlife, plant, or wetland surveys is a plus.
• Experience conducting wetland delineations is a plus.
• OSHA 40-hr HazWoper and OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Training.
• Experience conducting preconstruction clearance surveys and monitoring compliance with applicable State and federal laws, regulations, and management policies and project-specific permit conditions, and managing teams of compliance monitors
• Ability to foster relationships with project teams • Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, while still engaging in regular field work and compliance monitoring
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws [https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf] and supplemental language [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf].
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.