Environmental, Health & Safety CoordinatorPOSITION SUMMARY
: Assist Site Management in the planning, implementation, and coordination of EHS programs through the application of sound EHS principles and problem-solving skills, to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to comprehend and interpret regulatory requirements (e.g., OSHA, NFPA, DEP).
• Maintain site OSHA required recordkeeping.
• Implement and maintain sites Behavior Based Auditing program (BBS)
• Participate in accident and near-miss investigations, evaluate root causes of these events, make recommendations for prevention based on best practices.
• Assist in the implementation of agreed upon best practices under the guidance of the corporate EHS Director.
• Perform safety compliance audits to identify problems areas and provide recommendations for corrective actions as needed. Must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulation. Follow up using good management techniques to ensure problems are resolved.
• Establish strong working relationships with production and support staff, relevant managers, and consultants.
• Assist with facility environmental programs in the areas of waste minimization/source reduction, recycling, residual waste, universal waste and wastewater management.
• Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
• Ensure all employees, both hourly and management; receive all training necessary to safely perform their respective duties. This includes training for managers on programs they are required to implement.
• Conduct new-hire orientations and regulatory EHS training.
• Maintain, update, and manage all Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
• Provide oversight for EHS capital project work.
• Communicate and implement EHS best practices across the organization.
• Perform and prepare Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's)
• Perform other duties as assigned.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Education:
BS/BA in Occupational Health & Safety or a technical field (environmental, chemistry, biology, etc.) with training in core Environmental, Health and Safety disciplines.: RequiredExperience:
1 to 3 years related experience.Computer Skills:
Knowledge of PC applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, and Outlook.
- Other Requirements: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of employees in the organization. Need to be hands-on and self-motivated; ability to manage multiple projects. Good technical and project management skills. Ability to make decisions and work independently. Good problem-solving ability.