Hazardous Waste Manager | Environmental Service Manager
Does your EHS experience include managing biohazardous waste from a pharmaceutical R &D Facility?
As a Hazardous Waste Manager are you looking for a high visible, high impact position where you will have oversight of the biohazardous waste ?
Do you have advanced knowledge of RCRA, PA, MD regulations and managing a large budget ?
If you have this environmental health and safety experience, we would love to talk to you!
Your new role:
You will manage a large, multi-site Hazardous Waste Management program . A typical day includes oversight of the hazardous, biological, radioactive, recycling, and solid waste programs at three R&D sites. You will also maintain compliance with wastewater and storm water permits.
What it takes to be successful:
· Be a Waste subject matter expert
· Coordinate with Client and service providers on waste management activities and programs
· Budget oversight and management
· Represent Sodexo in client meetings as waste subject matter expert
· Conduct lab gembas
· Maintain waste data for EHS Central for four facilities (UP, UM, Navy Yard, Warren/Parsippany)
What you need to succeed:
· 3-5 years previous hazardous waste management experience
· Be the leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a waste management program
· Have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as contract negotiations
· Have strong financial acumen and budget management experience
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· 3 years in waste and environmental operations management or a related field.
What you get in return:
· $80,000 to $85,000
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Disability, and Flexible Spending Accounts
What you need to do now:
Click the apply button!
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
You will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Working for Sodexo:Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Key words: HAZWOPPER, Environmental Health and Safety, EHS, Waste Management, hazardous waste, RCRA, PA, MD regulations, EPA, biohazards